GENERATION IX: 

 

IX.1 BASTIAN (SEBASTIAN)

doc. 1443, 1449, dead in 1467

 

CHRONOLOGY:

1443. January 4



 

SAXONY

 


 

CHILDREN of KNIGHT GUNTER von der DRESSEL vIII.8

 


 

IX.2 KNIGHT CUNCZE (CONRAD)
von der DRESSEL called de DROSULE OR von der DROSSUULE

doc. 1374, 1376, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382.  Died March 16, 1376 (according to her widow annuity)? to Agnes, alive on March 16, 1376 when she received her widow annuity.  Co-lord of Gross and Klein Roessin.  Co-lord in Schlieben

 

 



CHRONOLOGY:

1374: September 22, "Cuncze von der Drosule" witnessed that Klaus Schultheiss sold the inheritance from his father in the village of Zschackau to the Abbot Heinrich of Dobrilugh Monastery, p9.6.

1376: March 16, "Cuncze de Drosule", --- his wife Agnes is granted by the Duke Wenzel of Saxony an annuity amounting to 50 % of the interest earned from the villages of Lochow (Colchau) and Grosin Rosin (Gross Roessen) (after the death of her husband), p4.5.

(1379): March 13 "Kunz und Hans von der Drosel", are responsible to return the estates their father either purchased or pawned from the House of Slywen (Schlieben) (I donít understand the rest, get translation). a4.6.

1380: June 13, "Cuncze von der Drossule", Heinrich zu der Dame, Bote von Ileberg, zu Wartemberg, Otto Schenke zu Sydow, Rudolff von Oppin, Otte von Dybin, Hennig Bruske and tyle Muken are to pay 150 Schock Groschen oued to Otto von Ileberg, the??, Otto von Ileberg, the younger, Boten von Ileberg, the eldest, Sigrfride von Querinforde, Gebhard von Qurinforde and Heinrich Marschalke by the Duke Wenzel of Saxony, if the Duke does not pay his debt by by Easter, but only if requested to do so by Otte von Ileburg, a4.7.  

1382: May 21, "Cuncze von der Drossele", Rudolff von Oppin, Balthazar von Slywin, Henning Pruscke, Hans Schultheise and Tyle Mukam witness that the Duke Wenzel of Saxony for 84 Schock Groschen removed the interest of 10 1/2 Schock from the villaage of Clidzschene (Klitschena), a4.8.

Link:

 

IX.2a Wife of Cuncze:

AGNES

 

CHRONOLOGY:

????:

 


 

IX.3 JOHANN von der DRESSEL
called JOHANNIS de DROSULE or HANSEN von der DROSULE

doc. co-lord in Gross and Klein Roessin and Schlieben, co-lord in Jessnigh, lord in Freienwalde x Margarethe, alive in 1376

 

Location of Gross and Klein Rosen estates

 

According to legend, the Gross Roessin church was either built or restored by the Dressel family

 

CHRONOLOGY

1376: March 16, "Johannis de Drosule", -- his wife Margarethe is granted by the Duke Wenzel of Saxony 50 % of the interest from the villages Lochow (Colochau) Grosin Rosin (Gross Roessen), which Cuncze and Johannes de Drosule own, as an annuity, p4.6. (1376), see IV.1, (1376) above

1383: January 22, Wittenberg, Saxony, "Hansen von der Drosule) and Welczel von der Lochow with the approval of the Duke Wenzel of Saxony, purchased the village Jessenchen (Jessnigk) for 100 Schock breiter Boemischer Groschen from the brothers Dytheriche and Hansen and their cousin Heydenrich von Slawticz, with the right of redemption for the von Slawticz, after a quarter year notice would be given to the buyers, a4.1

1398: September, 24, "Hanse von der Drosul" sold the village Frihenwalde (Freienwalde) for 65 Schhock Boehmischer Groschen to Peter Bluow, a4.9.

 


 

IX.4 The Rev. Sister METZEN von der DRESSEL called DRESSEL

doc. 1377, Roman Catholic nun of the Convent of Molberg

 

CHRONOLOGY:

1377: July 8, "den geistlichen Jungfrauen Metzen und Mechtilden," daughters of Gunther von der Drosel and Alheiden, daughter of Hans von Buchenstorphs, nuns from the Convent of Molberg, were granted an annuity by the Duke Wenzel of Saxony of 6 Schillingen yearly to be taken from the interest from the village of Sehusen (Seehausen) which Gunther von der Drosel purchased from Koppen von Prittin, a4.3

 


 

IX.5 The Rev. Sister MECHTILDEN
von der DRESSEL called DROESSEL

Roman Catholic Nun of the Molberg Convent, Saxony

 

CHRONOLOGY:

1377: July 8, see above, IV.3

COMMENT:

 Molberg is now called Muhlberg. Archeologically, it is known to have been a Slavic fortification already in the 8th and 9th centuries. The castle is first mentioned in 1272. It received the designation of "city" in 1295.  Originally, it was situated directly on the river Elbe, but due to the river changing its course, it is now found a little distance from the river, and not far from Colochau. The Cictercian convent was founded shortly before 1228 by the Ileburg family. Sections of the Church and convent still exist. The city was the site of the decisive "Battle of Muehlberg" in 1547.

 


previous generation

back to top

next generation

table of contents